System of controls at the Big Dance Company
1) minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does or have been advised by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, do not attend the studio.
2) cleaning hands more often than usual - wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap and dry them thoroughly or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser when arriving and leaving the studio (supplied at entrance) ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered
3) ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach, please bring a packet of tissues in your dance bag and anti bac
4) cleaning frequently touched surfaces and equipment more often than usual using our chemical free and environmentally friendly Toucan system. https://toucaneco.co.uk/
5) doors will be closed after entry to each class to ensure no members of the public enter the studio. If you are late arriving please use the side door up the steps. Please arrive 5 minutes before class dressed ready for dance, if you need to change in-between please bring a changing robe. Gathering in the toilets to change is not covid secure and unmanageable.
6 minimising toilet visits please make sure your child has visited the toilet before class. If they are at the studio for more than one hour we will arrange supervised toilet breaks, please speak to your child about the importance of not disrupting class to go during their session, as this will take the assistant from the room.
7) not sharing equipment - such as yoga blocks, bands and skipping ropes (please bring your own for ballet and Jazz and jumps and turns classes) ambassadors have their own lockers to leave their bag marked with their name at the studio.
8) Where possible all spaces will be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows/doors.
Response to any infection
1) engage with the dancers sharing that class
2) manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) according to government guidelines
3) contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice