System of controls at the Big Dance Company
1) minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does or have been advised by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate, do not attend the studio.
2) cleaning hands more often than usual - wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap and dry them thoroughly or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser when arriving and leaving the studio (supplied at entrance) ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered
3) ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach, please bring a packet of tissues in your dance bag and anti bac
4) cleaning frequently touched surfaces and equipment more often than usual using our chemical free and environmentally friendly Toucan system. https://toucaneco.co.uk/
5) minimising contact and mixing by altering, as much as possible, the environment (such as layout) and timetables (such as allowing for sufficient changeover time to clean the area between different classes or groups of children and ensuring areas do not become overcrowded) each studio has spots for the dancers to stand on and a station to wait at in-between exercises so no grouping between instructions.
6) dancers wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in corridors, holding areas on arrival to the studio in a queue. (masks are not required in the dance areas)
7) doors will be closed after entry to each class to ensure no members of the public enter the studio. If you are late arriving please use the side door up the steps. Please arrive 5 minutes before class dressed ready for dance, if you need to change in-between please bring a changing robe. Gathering in the toilets to change is not covid secure and unmanageable.
8) minimising toilet visits please make sure your child has visited the toilet before class. If they are at the studio for more than one hour we will arrange supervised toilet breaks, please speak to your child about the importance of not disrupting class to go during their session, as this will take the assistant from the room.
9) not sharing equipment - such as yoga blocks, bands and skipping ropes (please bring your own for ballet and Jazz and jumps and turns classes) ambassadors have their own lockers to leave their bag marked with their name at the studio.
10) removing waiting areas and seated areas. We can not offer parents waiting areas at this time (we hope to re introduce this soon when it is safe to do so) Classes are designed so dancers have grouped sessions with no waiting. Please make sure you collect your child/ren if they have a break unless otherwise discussed with Fiona or Ben.
11) Where possible all spaces will be well ventilated using natural ventilation (opening windows/doors.
12) temperature testing will be carried out if a child or team members appears unwell.
Response to any infection
1) engage with the NHS Test and Trace process
2) manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) according to government guidelines
3) contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice